* There have been several changes starting January 1, 2022. The website has been updated so take the time to familiarize yourself with our new s.o.p’s.
1) How do I sign up for a membership? Do you offer online enrollment?
We do not offer online enrollment as we prefer face to face. Simply show up at the range and purchase a membership. We only accept CASH or CHECK.
2) Is there any provision for a one time visit for non members?
All visitors must either be a member or in the company of a member, If you are law enforcement or there is a unique circumstance please call us to discuss options – 615-406-9041
3) What does the range sell?
We sell Eye protection, Ear protection, Stapleguns, Staples and Targets. We also offer a knife sharpening service.
4) Can I shoot a long range rifle at the CHMR?
Any round of .338 or larger must be approved by the range master prior to firing. Please call and speak to the range master beforehand – 615-406-9041
5) Are there any restrictions as to what type of firearm I can shoot at the range?
We allow pistols, rifles, and shotguns. If there is a chance that your weapon might be too “extreme” please call the range beforehand to be safe – 615-406-9041
6) Does CHMR offer a hand gun carriers permit class?
CHMR does not offer CCW courses, however a number of outside businesses use the CHMR facility to hold their classes. Call us for info of these organizations and their schedule – 615-406-9041
7) What is the best day of the week to visit the range and avoid a crowd?
Weekends and holidays are always the busiest days.
8) Does CHMR supply targets and if so can I purchase them there?
Yes we sell Targets, Eyes, Ears, Stapleguns & Staples
9) Does CHMR offer guns for rental, and ammo for purchase, or do we bring our own?
CHMR does not offer any firearms rentals or ammunition sales. It is BYOG/BYOA
10) What are the range distances?
9yrds, 25yrds, 50yrds, 100yrds.
The pistol pit allows you to shoot from point blank to 15yrds.
6 RULES TO REMEMBER
1. CHECK IN AT THE RANGE OFFICE UPON ARRIVAL.
2. GUN BARRELS POINTED DOWN RANGE AT ALL TIMES.
3. NO HANDLING FIREARMS DURING A CLEAR.
4. POST YOUR TARGETS ON THE CARDBOARD, DO NOT COVER ANY OF THE ORANGE WOODEN TARGET FRAME.
5. NO MAG DUMPS, DOUBLE TAPS OR RAPID FIRE ON THE MAIN FIRING LINE.
6. CLEAN UP YOUR SHOOTING AREA BEFORE YOU LEAVE. PULL YOUR POSTED TARGETS, THROW YOUR TRASH AWAY, CHAIRS BACK ON THE REAR BENCH, RETURN SHOOTING BLOCKS AND SPOTTING SCOPES, CLEAN UP YOUR EMPTY SHELL CASINGS. LEAVE YOUR SHOOTING AREA CLEANER THAN YOU FOUND IT.