Handguns and Rifles, like any other high risk sport, require not only common sense for safe operation but a good dose of educational awareness to keep you and others around you as safe as possible. Firearms demand the utmost respect from their users. For beginners please read and memorize the 4 Rules of Firearm Safety before coming to the range. The range rules are posted at the range, however here are some basics to keep in mind before coming to the range.
Basic Range Rules:
- The range is a private range for use by members only and their guests.
- Family members are guests and must be accompanied by the member.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be escorted by an adult range member while on the premises.
- Proof of membership may be requested by management.
- Charlie’s range is a self-policing range, please pickup and clean up after yourself and placed targets, cases, boxes in the trash can.
- Only paper targets placed on the provided stands or trap shooting clay targets placed on berm may be used.
- Do not shoot at rocks, root, trees, stumps or other non-target material and make sure your bullet impacts the berm for safety considerations.
- Eye and hearing protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- You are responsible for the actions of anyone you bring with you.
- All shooting takes place at the firing line in front of the reloading benches.
- No alcohol is permitted on the premises.
Range terms you will hear:
- CEASE FIRE – All shooters stop shooting immediately.
- CLEAR – All weapons down on the bench, hands off all weapons. The “Clear” command should be echoed by all shooters down the line to ensure all shooters are aware of the command. Once the range is clear, you may go forward to change targets.
- HOT or LINE HOT – Only when all persons are behind the firing line and off the target area may the command HOT be given. This should also be echoed up and down the line by all shooters.
The range does not sell shooting supplies of any type so bring your own targets. Bring your own stapler gun or heavy duty push pins to attach your target to the provided wooden stands.