Handguns and Rifles, like any other high risk sport, require not only common sense for safe operation but a good dose of educational awareness to keep you and others around you as safe as possible. Firearms demand the utmost respect from their users. For beginners please read and memorize the 4 Rules of Firearm Safety before coming to the range.
Basic Range Rules:
- Gun barrels pointed down range at all times
- No touching guns during a clear
- Post your targets on the cardboard, do not cover any of the orange target frame
- CHMR is a private range for use by members only and their guests.
- Family members are guests and must be accompanied by the member.
- Proof of membership is required upon arrival. Members must show their membership card to a range officer before shooting.
- Charlie’s range is a self-policing range, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING UP AFTER YOURSELF. Pull your posted targets,throw your trash away, return shooting blocks and spotting scopes, put your chair back on top of the bench and clean up your empty shell casings. Leave your shooting area better than you found it.
- Only paper targets placed on the provided stands or trap shooting clay targets placed on berm may be used.
- Do not shoot at rocks, root, trees, stumps or other non-target material
- Eye and hearing protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- You are responsible for the actions of anyone you bring with you.
- All shooting takes place at the firing line in front of the reloading benches.
- No alcohol is permitted on the premises.
- We are a slow fire range. No mag dumps, double taps or rapid fire on the main line. Controlled sustained fire is allowed. We want your sights on the target with every shot.Mag dumps, double taps and rapid fire is only allowed in the pistol pit. All holster work must be done in the pistol pit and not on the main line. If you want to work on your draw…that’s fine! Just do it in the pistol pit.Shotguns ARE NOT ALLOWED to be shot at targets posted to our target frames unless you are shooting slugs. All buckshot must be shot into the BERM.
WHEN YOU POST TARGETS ON OUR TARGET FRAMES, DO NOT STAPLE ANY PART OF YOUR TARGET TO THE ORANGE FRAME. KEEP YOUR TARGETS ON THE CARDBOARD
When you are done shooting. Clean up your shooting area. Pull your posted targets, throw your trash away, put your chair back on top of the bench, return shooting blocks and spotting scopes, clean up your empty shell casings. Leave your area cleaner than you found it.
Range terms you will hear:
- Clear make the line safe, bench all weapons, magazines out, slides locked back, bolts open, are we clear in the pit, pit is clear, the line is clear, you may now proceed down range to pull or post targets, do not touch guns during a Clear!
- All targets are posted, the line is hot!
The Range does sell Eye protection, Ear protection, Stapleguns, Staples, and Targets.
6 RULES TO REMEMBER
1. CHECK IN AT THE RANGE OFFICE UPON ARRIVAL.
2. GUN BARRELS POINTED DOWN RANGE AT ALL TIMES.
3. NO HANDLING FIREARMS DURING A CLEAR.
4. POST YOUR TARGETS ON THE CARDBOARD, DO NOT COVER ANY OF THE ORANGE WOODEN TARGET FRAME.
5. NO MAG DUMPS, DOUBLE TAPS OR RAPID FIRE ON THE MAIN FIRING LINE.
6. CLEAN UP YOUR SHOOTING AREA BEFORE YOU LEAVE. PULL YOUR POSTED TARGETS, THROW YOUR TRASH AWAY, CHAIRS BACK ON THE REAR BENCH, RETURN SHOOTING BLOCKS AND SPOTTING SCOPES, CLEAN UP YOUR EMPTY SHELL CASINGS. LEAVE YOUR SHOOTING AREA CLEANER THAN YOU FOUND IT.